Deuteronomy 4:29
But if from there you seek the Lord your God, you will find him if you LOOK for him with all your heart and all your soul.
I sometimes feel like a cloud follows me around. That is how last week was for me. Just as I was tackling one challenge another presented itself. I had such a hard time shaking the darkness...
And then one day you wake up and things start looking up. Finally, one day you see the positive; all that is good, and all that can be. I was thinking about this on Saturday. It seemed like the dark cloud was starting to lift.
In honor of it I decided that I needed to look up. So I spent the weekend forcing my eyesight from its usual view to looking up...and I couldn’t believe what I have been missing.
I saw beautiful windows
And weather vanes
And lamp posts glistening with early sunlight
And crosses
But if from there you seek the Lord your God, you will find him if you LOOK for him with all your heart and all your soul.
I sometimes feel like a cloud follows me around. That is how last week was for me. Just as I was tackling one challenge another presented itself. I had such a hard time shaking the darkness...
And then one day you wake up and things start looking up. Finally, one day you see the positive; all that is good, and all that can be. I was thinking about this on Saturday. It seemed like the dark cloud was starting to lift.
In honor of it I decided that I needed to look up. So I spent the weekend forcing my eyesight from its usual view to looking up...and I couldn’t believe what I have been missing.
I saw beautiful windows
And weather vanes
And lamp posts glistening with early sunlight
And crosses
And snow-capped mountains
And clouds
And pinecones on trees
And flags
And airplanes with jet streams
And leaves
And clouds
And pinecones on trees
And flags
And airplanes with jet streams
And leaves
And trees growing out of rocks
And stars
And....LIGHT....
And stars
And....LIGHT....
2 comments:
LOVE that verse.
I donated a picture to the local art auction title "looking up."
I took it while laying under a tree at a golf course waiting to tee off. Amazing how your perspective changes when you look up. I was irritated that we were having to wait, and instead of letting myself get more worked up, I grabbed my camera.
Looks like you did the same :)
Praising God that your cloud has been lifted and you are seeing the beauty He has created in new ways!
Love the pictures :)
Am so very glad that your darkness you were feeling last week is lifting.
Often I get so busy looking down/focusing on negative, that you miss the wonderful scenes God has given us. Appreciate the reminder to look up :)
Thanks for sharing those wonderful photos -- I so enjoy seeing what you see, where you are. Most of our leaves are gone now.
Peace to you my friend today.
Post a Comment