Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Blessed Routines

I haven't blogged in over a week! YIKES. It is hard to get into the habit of blogging. I feel like I am so behind in posting that I don't even know what to say. A cold has taken over the body of my husband and has eeked its way to me. This week is full...full of the pressures of collecting data for my dissertation, full of meetings and obligations, full of needy college students...just plain FULL. I have a meeting every night this week. UGH!



And yet this week I have been able to wake up each morning in my own bed. I arrive home late each evening to the Christmas lights on the garage and front door and two pets in front of the fire place (fighting for position!). I get to wake up to a cup of coffee from my husband. I have been able to squeeze in time each morning before the frantic pace of work for time in the WORD; devotional time. I have been able to make my husband's lunch each morning (ok, two mornings out of three :) - that's now too bad!!). And now...time to blog! YEA!

This morning I find myself very thankful for "normal" life. I know that "normal" in this house has strange meanings; but I am so thankful for each of these signs of home that make me appreciate the little things. The routines of life...time to sit and appreciate a laugh in person with Mark; planning for the weeks ahead.


Ah, the blessed routines of life! Just normal, crazy, lovely life! Isn't life grand?


Good thoughts today (you've heard it a million times, me too...but I love it):


The Lord bless you and keep you;
the Lord make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you;
the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.
Numbers 6:24-26

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

LOVE that verse!!

I'm so glad that in the midst of the chaos and busy times you're finding joy in the "great" things in your life.
Enjoy that fireplace, your dogs, your sweet husband, and your Heavenly Father! They all love you so very, very much and LOVE being with you as much as you love being with them!

Blessings to you as you live your "routines" to the fullest!

KayDee said...

It is the little things - what a blessing for you to be in your own bed each night AND have coffee served to you!

Glad you are seeing the blessings in amongst the crazyness in your life.

Embrace that FULL schedule recognizing that come early '08 a bit of a respite (and much deserved) will be waiting for you.