Thursday, April 24, 2008

Like a School Girl...

It usually takes me a half hour to come awake fully. I always ask Mark to wake me 30minutes before I really need to get up. But Mark woke me, and I was up today. I was excited like a school girl.
See, this semester has been busy and a bit brutal. But today, NO WORK. I am going to Phoenix Arizona for a weekend with the "girls." Lisa, KayDee, Lori and I (but alas, no KYM and it won't be the same without her)...and we will talk, and read, and sit by the pool, and eat, and laugh and share. And I am so excited. I was not ready to repack my bags AGAIN for the 6th week in a row, but then this morning - those lifetime friendship beckoned me to relax and enjoy the weekend. Without a laptop?? Well, we will see!
And Lori and Lisa don't know that I am expecting - but it will be pretty obvious - so I am also excited to share (btw, we are due on September 22nd).
I love the memories of childhood, of friendships from days a long time ago now (coudl Oklahoma bus trip really be over 20 years ago)? I love the enduring friendships that last beyond marriages, moves, kids - based, truly, on one main thing...a shared past.
I can't wait. Must go and get the laundry!!!

2 comments:

KayDee said...

Can't have been a more perfect weekend! Fabulous weather, good food and incredible friends! Thanks for being a part and for understanding when you heard I spoiled the surprise (with good reason, or at least I thought it was a good reason). Love you and am glad we got to celebrate this new chapter in you and Mark's life together with life long friends!

Love ya

KayDee

KayDee said...

Kellie Jo- I have known you more way more than half of my life and you have always been such a solid part of my life. Why? because you love me for me. You know my past and present, know why I tick the way I do and love me for it. You see the good in me and make me feel better about the person I am. I love you very much.

I am sooo happy for you and Mark as you embark on this new journey together. Parenthood is the most miraculous and challenging gift the Lord gives us. It is truly a gift and a blessing to be able to bring a miracle into the world, imprint them with part of you and let them develop into the individual they will become. I am so happy for you and know you are up to the challenge and know you will be a wonderful parent.

It is okay to worry, but don't let it absorb you. Think about this blessing, thank the Lord and look to Him for comfort. "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me".

I love you. I have had a wonderful time this weekend and I look forward to welcoming your little miracle into our circle. We are so blessed to have each other and a solid friendship that will and always has stood the test of time. This is rare and so very special.

Lori Lynn