You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires, to be made new in the attitude of your minds, and be put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness. Ephesians 4:24
Happy 2008! We have arrived home after a trip to New Mexico, through Texas, to Oklahoma, and finally home. Our holiday was lovely. It was filled with laughter and fun, challenges and concerns, but God was faithful and we are all home safe and (somewhat) sound. A little weary after the 10 hour drive home yesterday, still a little sick, but happy to be home!
I welcome in the New Year. I love the newness of it. For some reason it is filled with a hope and a renewing of the spirit. I have many new goals this year; and some may say this is silly and we set ourselves up for disappointment, but I love it. I know that I am a child of Christ and a work in progress; so there must be some hope for improvement. I will explore these in the coming days. (You had better be ready Kay Dee!!). It is refreshing to share these with others, they provide good reminders of them. The new self...I want to understand my desires biblically...because somehow then, they will be more meaningful.
Until then, I hope that your holiday was filled with peace and love, with the gift of the Savior and the understanding of the spirit. Happy New Year. What "new" things are on your agenda?
<><
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Sounds like a wonderful way to see God at work - looking forward to watching you become the child of God you were meant to be!!
Happy New Year friend!! :)
Love the verse and am looking forward to our New Year goal review and looking forward to achieving them :)
My goodness KD - are you feeling ok? You were up awful late last night!!
Kellie
I know can you believe it? I had Council and then an Executive Session following that -- got home at about 10:45 and thought I'd check you and Linds blog before heading to bed - since I missed it in the morning.... :)
Post a Comment