I cant get over this tree. I watch it change daily. I was saddened on Thursday to see that before it had fully changed colors the leaves have started to fall off. It is windy today, and we are to get get the first accumulating snowfall this weekend...I imagine that my pictures of this tree are almost over for the season. It gets battered and beat up in the weather and elements. I imagine after two days of wind and rain last weekend, it takes a big deep breath and says "whew, that was a doozy!" I imagine that this tree that gives me so much joy is also growing roots deeper and deeper, able to withstand the elements much more that when it was a newly planted sapling. This tree stores up nutrients. It goes dormant and then rejuvenates again with the buds of spring leaves. Animals find refuge in this tree. It changes, it evolves.
We are a lot like this tree. We are all changing. Maybe your week was full of travel, maybe it was full of trying to balance a family and a full-time job, maybe it was full of stressing over a "proposal defense" for your PhD. Whatever, your stresses this week, take heart in knowing that you are changing. That people find refuge in you, that with each of life's challenges you change and your roots grow deeper and deeper. You are strong and able to withstand any element that gets tossed your way...not that they aren't doozies! There will be times when you will need to store up nutrients of faith and trust, and just go dormant for a season. That is ok. Soon you will emerge with the buds of new life...thankful for the growth that comes from challenges.
Heavenly father,
I thank you for the challenges that you present, because I know that these times help me to grow and change. I pray that I will have the patience to see your work complete in me. Help others to take heart in this also. Give them the peace of knowing that I am thankful for them and praying for them also. Amen.
"Be patient, then, brother, until the Lord's coming. See how the farmer waits for the land to yield its valuable crop and how patient he is for the autumn and spring rains. You, too be patient and firm, because the Lord is coming near." James 5:7-8.
I hope that his is a blog where people can present anything that they need prayer for, and know that I am praying for them. If you are so inclined, will you please tell me how I can pray for you? If you want to just read, please do that! Blessings to you today!
1 comment:
sweet, sweet Kel - thank you for this post.
I'm tired today - emotionally and physcially!
I'm feeling like I'm going & going & going and barely stopping to catch my breath.
But... through all of this, I know God is using me, refining me, challenging me, changing me.
What an awesome post about "life."
Pray that I would just slow down, rest, and seek Him when I feel like I'm going to explode.
Love to you sweet friend - Linds
Post a Comment