Let me tell you about today.
Mark...still sick but functioning.
Boone...we picked him up...only to have him throw up at the vet. So back to the vet again. He will most likely have to have surgery.
Mark leaves for Lamar, Aspen, Lamar, Kansas City, Lamar for the next week. He will make five trips before coming home.
I made it through my talk today...it wasn't as great as I wanted it to be, but it was ok. I did have our three college deans show up. It was pretty good to have them at the talk, they have funded my position full time starting next year.
I have replaced my student teacher. It wasn't pretty, but it is in the works.
This was not a great day, but I survived. It was crazy, but I survived. My life was a roller coaster today, but I survived. There are challenges, issues, sicknesses, and heartaches. We survive. I am profoundly aware of how this happens.
I ask for prayer. Even when I can't pray myself because I am so taken away, I ask. The amazing thing about friendships in Christ is that these sisters can "stand in your gap." They stand there when you can't possible think of praying. They act as a "human" mediator with our savior.
At the end of a crazy day, I am thankful. We are a little bruised, but we aren't broken. We are a little weary, but we aren't done.
Thank you Lord, for your presence, for your help, for your perseverence. Thank you Lord, for the amazing women that help me pray, that help stand in my gap when I can't pray adequately. Lord, thank you that the minute that I wrote my requests, they responded. They knew. Women with so much on their plate, cared for me, prayed for me.
Thank you for dear friendships. They are more valuable than gold.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
My dear, we are as thankful for you!
Glad you are only bruised and not broken and that God made his presence known to you throughout the day.
I agree how very valuable our sisters in Christ are standing in the gap and providing us with prayer covering.
We are blessed.
KayDee is right on - we are so very, very thankful for you!
I'll continue to pray for you guys!
Keep that smile on your face and your feet moving forward... and you'll make it!
Love to you today sweet girl.
Post a Comment