Monday, December 17, 2007

Counting my Blessings

"Now godliness with contentment is great gain." 1 Timothy 6:6


This was the theme of today's Daily Bread devotional. It said to COUNT your many blessings. Really...COUNT them. I don't think I can. I am thankful for so many things...little things. I am not sure I can count them. So in no particular order...I am going to work on just this weekend.


One - I am thankful that I am warm over the holiday and I don't worry about where I will be tonight.
Two - I am (usually) thankful for my pets. Just kidding!
Three - I am thankful for my job.
Four - I am thankful that the semester is over.
Five - I am thankful I have a car that works.
Six - I am thankful for Christmas
Seven - I am thankful I have a husband who goes to church with me.
Eight - I am thankful for Coffee.
Nine - I am thankful for kind words from friends.
Ten - I am thankful for time to work on my dissertation.
Eleven - I am thankful for our home.
Twelve - I am thankful for peanut M & M's.
Thirteen - I am thankful for Jim Dugan who is helping me with my stats tomorrow.
Fourteen - I am thankful for holiday parties.
Fifteen - I am thankful for graduations (we had our College of Ag Graduation on Saturday).
Sixteen - I am thankful for holidays with families (the planning, the fun).
Seventeen - I am thankful for MadGab (the game) that we had SO much fun with over Thanksgiving that we had to buy it for Christmas, also.
Eighteen - I am thankful for family.
Nineteen - I am thankful for the legacy's of family (I am channeling Genevieve and her cookies today).
Twenty - I am thankful that grades are due tomorrow so I can be done grading (down to the last four inches of grading - down from three feet).
Twenty-one - I am thankful for late night chilly walks...It makes the house seem warmer.
Twenty-two - I am thankful for fire places.
Twenty-three - I am thankful for Hot Chocolate and Russian Tea.
Twenty-four - I am thankful that people put up outdoor Christmas lights.
Twenty-five - I am thankful that we have food so I can make Mark's lunch (so many don't even have this).
Twenty-six - I am thankful for laughter.
Twenty-seven - I am thankful my husband will hold my hand (usually...).
Twenty-eight - I am thankful for Nicole's name on my caller ID (she didn't even leave a message - it just makes me smile to see her name).
Twenty-nine - I am thankful for God's plan and God's timing.
Thirty- I am thankful for Cougar Gold Cheese (really, isn't it great)??
Thirty one - I am thankful for a good night's rest.
Thirty-two - I am thankful for naps.
Thirty-three through thirty-six:




Lindsey and Sawyer, Sawyer, Sawyer and Sawyer (come on...he's cute enough to warrant four "thankfuls").
Thirty Seven: I am thankful for coffee and conversation on Saturday mornings.
Thirty Eight: I am thankful for a good marriage.
Thirty Nine: I am thankful my sister (she is on my mind today).
Forty: I am thankful for good recipes.
Forty-one: I am thankful that I know my savior.
Forty-two: I am thankful for the great sermon this weekend by Pastor Charlie Sandberg.
Forty-three: I am thankful for the Little Church in LaSalle (Pastor Jeff is leaving...they are on my heart).
Forty-four: I am thankful for Sirus Christmas Music on the TV.
Forty-five: I am thankful for Irvin Berlin's White Christmas (I love this musical - a tradition I stole from the Franklin's :)! I could watch it a million times (maybe I have)...
Forty-six: I am thankful for whoever is reading this. You are a blessing to me.
I am thankful of my blessings too numerous to count (and this is just over this weekend).
Count yours...it will be shocking

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

LOVE it!! I count my regularly... just need to post them huh?!

Happy Day to you friend :)

KayDee said...

Very thankful for you friend! Just logging on for the first time since arriving in Nashville on Friday. Home tomorrow afternoon - Has been fun.

Talk to you soon.

Anonymous said...

What a great idea to make the list!! Your list made me think and smile. Its amazing what God does for us.
You are a blessing!